Monday 10 October 2011

Labour Pains

Well as a mum i have a labour story but since giving birth i have a huge interest in others stories, where they gave birth, how they coped, did they have drugs, how was their hospital stay, how long did they stay, what would you change for next time?

so here is min and i hope a few of you will share yours in the comments!

On feburary 18 2011, i awoke at 4am with a sharp jolting pain in my side, as before i thought it was gas and decided to get out of bed and take a wonder around the house untill the pain subsided! but suprise suprise it didnt, by this stage i was 3 days overdue so i was slightly flustered! but by 7am they were regular pains so i decided to wake jon and call the hospital! as per usual they told me to stay home as long as i could, i was planning on doing that but by 8am they were 3 mins apart and really really strong so we headed in. once we arrived we were whisked into a room and i was given an exam, unfortunatly i was only 1cm dialated! =[ i was then put on a moiter and shifted to my own room to "wait it out" during the day i had regular visitors and i was staying as calm as i could! jon was great, calling everyone and letting them know what was happening! by 5pm i was still only 3cm dialiated but my contractions were now 2 mins apart and lasting for about 50 seconds! i had my whole family in the room timing it on there iphone.

by the time visiting hours finished it was just Jon and me and my sister in the room, by 9pm when my mum came back i was well and truly over it! having the midwives push for a drug free birth so i was at this stage drug free and in agony i was frustrated and took my frustrations out on the midwife who told me i couldnt have more than 2 people with me in the room! wich meant my sister had to leave! i was annoyed and devestated! i really wanted her to be there! by 10pm the moved me into a birthing suite and at 11 i was givin an injection of morphine, stating before hand that it doesnt ever have the desired effect on me! and to every one elses shock it stopped my contractions for over an hour! (see i told you so)
then at almost 1.30 i was given a hormone to bring labour back on! by now i was 7cm dialated and completely over it, i was sooo soo tired i could barely speak! for the next 2 hours we tried the gas

 and a hot shower to get me through but still was no good!
by 4am i was 9 cm and it was time for my epi! it took 35 minutes for the epi to be put in because i was having contractions every 30 seconds and they were lasting a minute!  Once the epi was inplace it was time for the drug to be administered but by then i was ready to push! before the epi could take effect i was screaming ad i pushed my beautiful little girl into the world!
my mummy watched on as she crowned saying WOW Deekie! at 4.59AM my little girl was born, bright eyed and so inquisitive!
she is now almost 8 months old and i would not change a thing about her! she is just perfect! My first birthing experience probobly wasnt ideal but i have an incredible miracle to show for it!
i hope after reading my story you will all share your own birth stories in the comments section! i do love hearing how amazing some people stories are!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment